The Votes Are In...
Thanks to everyone who wished Jasper support on his bid for the ND State House of Representatives. As you all know, this past Tuesday was election day. If you are a Democrat, you were probably quite happy. If you are a republican, you were probably...not.
I had decided a while back that I'd go to Fargo for the election and do what I can to help out on the campaign as well as be there for the hopeful celebration. I arrived last Saturday after some flight delays caused me to arrive a day late into Fargo. I jumped right into the action by helping with a bid literature drop all over District 21. The reward for helping was Jasper's chili. Here's Jasper's brother Rocky hovering over the chili.

There was pizza too, if you prefered that, like Jasper's son Jack.
Saturday night was all about relaxing and having fun. We got together with friends and hung out at various places around Fargo. It was our last chance to really hang out before things would get really intense leading up to Tuesday.


But alas, it ended, and Sunday and Monday it was back to work. Here are Jasper and his wife Kimberlee going over the lists of supporters in the campaign office.


Finally it was Election Day. We were on the phones calling people all day reminding them to vote. At 8pm the poles closed and there was nothing we could do but wait. Thankfully it didn't take long to get some results in. We were in the car when Jasper got the call that the first precinct had reported. Jasper was in lead by several percentage points.
Upon arriving at the campaign party at the Ramada Inn, it didn't take long before all the results were in. Jasper had won! Here's Rocky, Shelly, Jasper, and Mark after hearing the news.
He beat out 2 incumbants, and one former incumbant. And not only was he now one of the new representatives for District 21...he was the top vote getter!Within minutes he was doing interviews with the paper.
And for the news.
Thanking supporters.
And celebrating with friends like Mac and I.
Needless to say it was a great long weekend. Filled with hard work. But it was a lot of fun and I am happy I was able to make it home. Congratulations to Jasper!Next time I post I have some good/bad news...depends who you are I guess. Look for a post Thursday or Friday.

1 Comments:
First of all...meanest end to a post ever! Making your loyal readers wait all week for this news....whether good or bad....just plain mean
Secondly....man you travel a lot.... ;)
Vicki
Post a Comment
<< Home