Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Garden Party

We had a pretty low key weekend. Friday was rainy to we stayed in after work. Saturday we then did a little shopping for some odds and ends, I'm installing some new shelves, but the progress is slow.

Our hilight of the weekend was the Annual Garden Place Block Party. For those who don't know, the quaint little block on which we reside is called Garden Place. It's a great little tree lined street that doesn't have any through traffic because it is a T at both ends. So every year the more permanent residents organize a block party, and thankfully invite us renters to join them as well.
In case you were wondering, and I had little doubt, we surely live on the whitest block in New York City. I am pretty sure that Marni was the only non-caucasian there. It was pretty funny...of all the places in NY, I land up in the one closest to Utah (in terms of skin tone).

But it was a good time. We chatted with neighbors Geri and her daughter Julia. They gave us a little history (gossip) of the neighbors and introduced us to a couple of new people.

It was potluck so Marni made chicken salad. It was a hit, and was gone very quickly.

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Victoria said...

Hey Jared and Marni!!!

I was just wondering if you guys heard about the LOST Jigsaw puzzles yet!!!! I don't know if you two are into puzzles, but my mom and I are putting one together. We should have it done tonight. There are 4 all together and there is a message on the back that is visible with either glow in the dark or black light!!!!

Anyways, less than 2 weeks to the new season!

Miss you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home