Friday, July 14, 2006

Sign me up!

Last Thursday Jared and I attended an orientaion for New York Cares.



Tuesday was my first activity, gardening in the Brooklyn Bridge Park. The weather was nice and I met a lot of nice people. It was a lot of fun. However, near the end they told me the park has rats. I think I'd rather not have known. Next month I'll be going back and Jared is coming with me! I've also signed up for 3 more activities: Teaching basic computer skills, serving meals to people with HIV/AIDS, and making calls to remind people of free summer camps for their children.
I have also started Yoga. Monday was my first class and I have been back everyday, except for Tuesday because I was gardening. The studio practices Bikram Yoga, which is performed in a heated room. By the end of class everyone is sooooooo sweaty, but it feels great! I'm trying to convince Jared to come with me sometime.



Ok, that's not me, but I'm working on it.

2 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Blogger Victoria said...

Sounds like fun Marni - you know, you should braid your hair...might be fun:)

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

Veniero's
342 East 11th St
New York, NY 10003
Tel: (212) 674-7070
Website: http://www.venierospastry.com



you HAVE to go here....I just saw it on the Food Network and the Almond Torte looks DIVINE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home