Recap of Days Past
My goodness it's been so long. I have to apologize. It's my fault. So what have we been up to? Working a lot. Doing some shopping. I went to Dallas for work. Arrgh. It's been busy.
First off, I was very dissappointed in my own schedule last week. My friend Mac was coming to visit us from D.C. and at the last minute, I had to tell him to reschedule. I had to go to Dallas for work. It wasn't very warm, but it was a fun shoot in which we shot commercials for the Target race team (Indy and NASCAR).

Here I am standing between Scott Dixon and Dan Wheldon (and their cars--I'm trying to impress all you racing fans that are loyal JMNYC readers).

We were worried that I wouldn't make it home, because when my flight arrived in NY on Thursday, I had just 1 hour to make it home on the subway before the transit workers walked off the job and started their strike. No hard feelings if they had. They are probably getting screwed somehow.
Thankfully, the strike did not happen and I made it home. It still could happen this Tuesday, so I may be working from home in my pajamas the rest of the week. M, however, doesn't have to worry about the strike affecting her work. She works two blocks from the apartment! Here's her store...

Another reason we have been absent from the blog is that we've been engrossed in season 4 of "24"...good ole CTU.
We went to The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe or Narnia or whatever it's called, last night. M, thought it was alright. My favorite part was the trailer for Pirates of the Caribean 2 at the beginning. Needless to say...I didn't like Narnia very much. We were having a hard time deciding whether to go to that or King Kong. M thought that if we didn't go see Narnia now, we'd never see it, so we went. But we'll definitely make an effort to go see King Kong. Unless enough of you post comments here saying that it's not worth it.
Oh, and I finally got my hair cut! It literally took them 3 minutes. M, still has not cut her hair yet though.

I have to express a personal note of excitement and congratulations for my friend Jasper. He's decided to run for the North Dakota House of Representatives for District 21 (where he, and I, and the rest of our friends grew up). Good luck Jasp!
We're hoping for an easy week as we slide into the holiday weekend(s). Friday night we'll be traveling up to Boston to spend Christmas with my brother Aaron and his wife Caroline. We'll be thinking of you all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home