M's First Visitor
I've now had my cousin Mark and my mother and father come to visit, and though yes, they came to see us both...I'm sure M was anxious to have a familiar face from her family come visit...actually I'll ask her...hold on......
....ok she said "yes".
So this weekend Alyssa, M's cousin was in town with her boyfriend Eric who was here for a work conference. So Alyssa had all day to hang out and explore, but no one to do it with. We happily obliged.
We met her at the hotel and walked a little through Times Square. It was very busy. More so than usual. So we hopped on the subway and ran down to Soho and had lunch at Cafe Borgia (or something like that...we had to pay cash and didn't get a receipt so I can't look at what the name was). We then made our way down to Canal Street where Alyssa was in the market for a hand bag (or two...or three). Sorry Alyssa, I forgot to have you sign the picture release, so I hope it's ok to post the pics on the blog.

We walked the length of Canal Street and enjoyed the always entertaining vendors and their selling techniques. M and Alyssa both walked away with purchases like "Kate Spade", and "Prada", and "Coach" bags (quotation marks to denote skepticism of authenticity).
Then we made our way down to the World Trade Center site. We'd been there before but it never really sinks in or gets redundant. It's a pretty powerful space.
To end on a happier note, we made our way down to Battery Park so Alyssa could get a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty (the little thing poking out in the background).

See isn't it fun to come visit us! You'll have to do so soon.
After we dropped Alyssa back at the hotel we headed to the Subway. But at the last minute, we decided to jump over to Rockefeller Center to see the recently lit (Wednesday) Christmas tree that sits above the ice rink. It was pretty, but crowded.

1 Comments:
Hey guys- Thanks again for the WONDERFUL day you spent with me on Saturday.....I want to come back real soon, so get ready!! You both were great tour guides and taught me so much about the Subway that I felt brave enough to lead 5 of us home from Tribeca on Saturday night. OK...so the #1 isn't very hard to remember, but I was still proud and it was all because of you guys. Thanks again. Please keep in touch. Oh...and I guess I'll let it go that you posted the pics without my consent. Love ya,
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home