Late Night/Date Night
I often end up working pretty late hours when a job requires it. For me, as a producer, it usually means me sitting in the office waiting for the artists (3D artists usually) to do their work so I can post up a link for our client. I had one late night recently as a result of a job we did for Lysol:
The "germ" characters you see about half way through the spot took all night to "render" (for the computer to process the digital information, frame by frame). So...it ended up being an all nighter for me and my crew at work (about 5 of us).
The good thing is that this doesn't happen often. Maybe 2 or 3 times a year. And the company I work for is very understanding and appreciative of our dedication to making the best of these situations. My boss in particular always encourages me to take Marni out for dinner as a result, and he'll pay for it. This time however, he just hooked us up with a gift certificate that could be used at a variety of great restaurants in NYC.
So Marni and I decided to make a date night out of it and we chose Union Square Cafe...a very popular highly rated restaurant in the city.

We had a great time. We had oysters to start. A bottle of wine. Duck (M). Tuna (J). And finished the meal off with a couple of chocolate deserts. We were stuffed but it was all great!
We then headed to the Union Square movie theater where we flipped a coin between seeing No Country for Old Men (J's choice) or Atonement (M's choice). NCFOM won the coin toss.....but it was sold out! So we saw Atonement instead.So here's to a late night at work...and all the entertainment it can provide for M and I after the fact :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home